Writing!

Michael W6
Michael W6
@michael-w6
2 years ago
52 posts

It will be interesting to see if a test case comes up.  And I'd add the parents I've spoken with are rather displeased with cursive being dropped from the curriculum* and several are teaching their kids at home.

*or should it be, "curricula"? 

Michael W6
Michael W6
@michael-w6
2 years ago
52 posts

[quote="Strumelia"]

I believe that your official 'signature' can be anything really- as long as it's consistent on all various documents, so that it can be confirmed as your particular 'mark'.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
146 posts

I believe that your official 'signature' can be anything really- as long as it's consistent on all various documents, so that it can be confirmed as your particular 'mark'.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Michael W6
Michael W6
@michael-w6
2 years ago
52 posts

I'm curious to how people not learning cursive will sign legal documents and checks.  But perhaps checks are becoming rather less used than they previously were.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
146 posts

I have heard about this myself over some years now, in NY state. Heard they are no longer teaching cursive (script) or 'penmanship' at all in school. Seems hard to believe. Cursive writing used to be so beautiful to see long ago. Guess we're just hopeless old farts now.  lol

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Michael W6
Michael W6
@michael-w6
2 years ago
52 posts

Do any members have school aged children?  I have been chatting with coworkers who are parents and coworkers in their early 20s, so recently graduated high school, and have been informed our local school district has stopped teaching cursive writing.  One coworker told me her 14 year old son cannot sign his name as cursive in not part of the curriculum.  Has anyone else encountered this?  It seems very bizarre!