Michael W6
Michael W6
@michael-w6
2 years ago
52 posts

I generally find resolutions to lead to failure and disappointment both of which I have more than enough of.  Still, with this I would like to practice my whistles more.  I have spent gobs of money on high end whistles and ocarinas and mostly they just decorate my shelves.  I have some general goal of having a Xmas set for '22 to play at our holiday brunch at work.  Then to have a St. Pat's set to play in a local brewery in '23.  I had planned to have this for '22 but...

And to our previous exchange about diets.  One must be cautious as diet plans are very marketable.  First it was Atkins, then paleo, now keto.  One might suspect there is more profit than health in them.  Still, it may be well for me to curtail the ale and snacks like crackers and cheese.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
147 posts

Michael did you have a 2022 NewYear resolution you are working towards?

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
147 posts

Lots of people 'slip up' but then get back on track again. 
Many people do adopt crazy diets and then give it up because the diet was hard to stick with. 
What's the point?

--
Site Owner

Michael W6
Michael W6
@michael-w6
2 years ago
52 posts

Well, true enough, but in conversations with coworkers it seems ubiquitous that lifestyle changes, especially the way one eats and the fitness plans one has are the most difficult to carry through with. And when makes that first slip, an extra slice of pizza, a few snacks, well the resolution is generally lost.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
147 posts

Everyone's different. I've been having good success in changing my lifestyle so that I eat smarter and do more physical activities that i enjoy. Most 'diets' have an end and give only temporary success, but lifestyle changes are way more sustainable.

--
Site Owner

Michael W6
Michael W6
@michael-w6
2 years ago
52 posts

Hummm.  I suspect weight loss is a ubiquitous resolution and one very easily abandoned.  Eating is a source of not only enjoyment and for many social interaction, but a means of stress relief.  Exercise is just too arduous. Snacks, tea and a good book is the better day.  

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
147 posts

I've been trying to get healthier and hope to continue that into the new year. Losing weight and exercising more.  gangnam1

--
Site Owner

Michael W6
Michael W6
@michael-w6
2 years ago
52 posts

Happy New Year Everyone!  Do you burden yourself with resolutions for the upcoming year?