Hello to my new whistling friends.

bookman46
@bookman46
4 years ago
12 posts
I have found several online sights with traditional and popular tabs. I am able to follow them, now if I can just get my brain/fingers/whistle all going the correct direction at the same time.....My wife sitting in the other room will yell out "that's such and such a song". Very gratifying!😊
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
4 years ago
147 posts

Hi Bookman!  I find I have collected favorite simple tunes that fall in certain genres... oldtime or 1800s American. and medieval or Renaissance era European folk/dance tunes are my two fave genres.  And i tend to try to play those same tunes on whatever instruments I'm fancying on a particular day.  That might be a day when I grab a banjo off the wall, or take out my langspil, or a mountain dulcimer, or reach for a pennywhistle in my 'vase' of whistles. Not saying I'm skilled on any of this, but it brings me so much joy to just make some pretty notes and play simple tunes at home, mistakes and all.  jive

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Keith
Keith
@keith
4 years ago
145 posts

Welcome aboard the whistle merry-go--round. flute

(You can't just have one.....) duck

updated by @keith: 02/29/20 10:03:38AM
bookman46
@bookman46
4 years ago
12 posts

Hi All, Brand new to the whistle world but making slow (sometimes frustrating) progress!

updated by @bookman46: 02/29/20 08:38:57AM
Keith
Keith
@keith
6 years ago
145 posts

Thank you, it's nice to find a whistle forum that isn't just for Irish music - I hope we can encourage others to play more varied music on whistle.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
147 posts

So nice that you joined, Keith!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Keith
Keith
@keith
6 years ago
145 posts

Hi, I'm the newbie... ;)

Picked up playing the (tin)whistle a couple of months back, when I went looking for a flute forum.

I found Chiff & Fipple & The Session, but that's mainly Irish music.

I was thinking I might have to look for a general folk type forum, then I came across your forum, & quickly joined up. :)

(I attempt to play other instruments too.)

updated by @keith: 01/30/20 01:32:23PM