one month ago
26 posts

It's a grave situation. 

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
one month ago
152 posts

They all killed each other, so it's fair.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
michael
michael
@michael
one month ago
26 posts

Well now, there may be some revenge from beyond! The jig, Old Hag You Have Killed Me. 

michael
michael
@michael
one month ago
26 posts

Thanks!  Technology baffles me.

Martha Campbell
Martha Campbell
@martha-campbell
one month ago
15 posts

michael "]

Look at that title!  A case study in the value of proof reading. Can it be changed to, "Off Putting? 

:

Done.  bananadance

michael
michael
@michael
one month ago
26 posts

Look at that title!  A case study in the value of proof reading. Can it be changed to, "Off Putting"? 

michael
michael
@michael
one month ago
26 posts

Thanks for the reply Martha, it is good to know this site is still active.  Sure, mayhem is often part of trad songs and folk tales too.   Still, the idea which the title seems to present, celebrating a spouse's death by dancing on her grave, is disquieting.  This is too bad because it is a great, snappy tune.  

Martha Campbell
Martha Campbell
@martha-campbell
one month ago
15 posts

People used to sing and play lots of songs and tunes back in the old days (pre radio) that had themes of murder and mayhem. It was a form of entertainment that also doubled as societal moral warning and guidance.  Nowadays there is still plenty of murderous entertainment but more in the form of video games and movies.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
4 months ago
152 posts

I myself don't find it offputting.  shrugger

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
michael
michael
@michael
4 months ago
26 posts

I'm curious if others find the jig, "I Buried My Wife and Danced on Her Grave" to be an off putting title.